I ´m still in Norway, training for the challenge who is waiting for me at the South Pole. The physical training is very important and I am doing my best, sure than the psychological training.
In this project that I am about to make, there are really hard days in completely loneliness waiting for me in one of the most extreme places in the world. Because of this I want to share with all of you some tips on how to train your mind against a goal to reach.
Concentration is vital to keep the motivation during the challenge. Some effective techniques:
- Focus on breathing: leaving it flow, it is useful for relaxation too.
- Focus on execution: keeping in your mind just the goal, taking the other entire stimulus apart.
- Develop performance rituals: this technique make you feel sure and focus.
- See yourself overcoming the challenge: it is vital during the train for the motivation.
- Total thought control: Learning how to eliminate the negative thoughts automatically could be useful to avoid decay during the execution of the challenge.
- Not to discourage against fail: it is a good opportunity to learn what you did wrong.
- Thinking in pictures full of energy: very effective against the fatigue.
- Raising the breath can help to physical activation.
- Controlling the emotion is vital because it affects the breathing, sweating…
- Any time is good to practice these techniques, not just during the competition.